OMEA East Central Regional Orchestra
November 18 & 19, 2023 Granville High School
Congratulations to the 2023 East Central Region Orchestra Participants
The list of those selected can be found HERE
Please know that there were a LOT of applicants this year and so we had to
make some tough decisions to maintain an reasonable ensemble size.
I was selected to be part of Region Orch--now what??
About the Ensemble
The East Central Regional Orchestra is comprised of the best musicians from Richland, Ashland, Morrow, Knox, Delaware, Licking, Holmes, Coshocton, Stark, Columbiana, Tuscarawas, Carroll, Harrision, Jefferson, Muskingum, Guernsey, Belmont, Morgan, Mobile, Monroe, and Washington counties.
Regional Orchestra meets for two rehearsals and one performance. The first rehearsal will take place on Sunday 10/29 from 1-3pm at Olentangy Orange High School. This rehearsal will serve as a chance for you to meet the other musicians and run through the music. The second rehearsal will take place on Saturday, November 18th. This day will include both sectional time as well as full ensemble rehearsal. The concert is on the following day, Sunday, November 19th at Granville HS
Timeline & Schedule
March 1: Audition materials are released
May 31: All audition submissions are due by 11:50pm
August 31: Notification of results to applicants and directors
October 15: Registration forms and payments are due
Oct 29: First rehearsal at Olentangy Orange High School (1-3pm)
Nov 18: Rehearsal at Granville High School (9am-5:00pm, check-in begins at 8:30am)
Nov 19: Concert at Granville High School (rehearsal/photos 12-1:45, concert 2pm)
Questions? Contact Lori Cornett, East Central Region Chair
Check us out on Facebook!
Congratulations on a successful audition! In order to accept your position in the ensemble please do the following
1. Fill out the student info form (under the "forms" link at the top of the site) to confirm your participation
2. Fill out the EMF form (also under the "forms" link) and turn it in to your director by Oct 15th
3. Please send in your pay your registration fee of $60 made payable to OMEA (this will cover our costs, your lunch on Sat and a T-
If you are the only student from your school attending you can mail your check directly: East Central Region Orchestra
c/o Lori Cornett
2840 E. Orange Rd
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
If there are multiple students from your school attending ask your director who to make your check payable to (it may be your school or music boosters). Your director will mail one check for everyone from your school. Payments and emergency forms are due October 15th
4. Write down the schedule for all rehearsals and the concert and report conflicts asap
5. Check back in a few days for the concert program and music. Start listening to the recording and practicing your parts with your private teachers. Hoping to have all this available by early next week but I will post music as it arrives.