OMEA East Central Regional Orchestra
November 20-21, 2021 Ashland High School
Congratulations to the following students who were selected to be part of the 2021 EC Regional Orchestra. Students who earned top scores within their section have earned the right to represent their region at the 2022 OMEA All State Orchestra. These are indicated on the list below:
Students who were selected for Regional Orchestra should do the following:
1) Fill out the google form with important contact info, t-shirt size, etc (under the "forms" tab)
2) Print and fill out the emergency medical form (under the "forms" tab at the top of the site). Give this to your director to mail in with your participation fee
3) Talk to your teacher about how you need to pay your regional orchestra fee ($45). We prefer that your school writes one check to cover all participants so you may need to make your check payable to your school or boosters organization. If you are paying directly your check should be made payable to OMEA and mailed to:
East Central Regional Orchestra
c/o Lori Cornett
2840 E. Orange Rd
Lewis Center, OH 43035
**Checks need to be postmarked by October 15th
4) Sign up for the EC Region Orch. "Remind" by texting @ecregional to 81010
5) Check out the "2021 Region Orch Program and Music" tab. The music will be posted here by Friday, Sept 3rd. Listen to the recordings to familiarize yourself with the pieces. You will want to work to learn the music before our first rehearsal on 10/31
6) Look at the calendar on the bottom of this page and make sure that you are available for all rehearsals and the performance.
Students must be able and committed to attend all of the rehearsals and performance. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. When your turn in your forms and payment you are affirming that you understand this commitment and obligation.
About the Ensemble
The East Central Regional Orchestra is comprised of the best musicians from Richland, Ashland, Morrow, Knox, Delaware, Licking, Holmes, Coshocton, Stark, Columbiana, Tuscarawas, Carroll, Harrision, Jefferson, Muskingum, Guernsey, Belmont, Morgan, Mobile, Monroe, and Washington counties.
Regional Orchestra meets for two rehearsals and one performance. The first rehearsal will take place on Sunday, October 31 from 1-3pm at Olentangy Orange High School. This rehearsal will serve as a chance for you to meet the other musicians and run through the music. The second rehearsal will take place on Saturday, November 20th. This day will include both sectional time as well as full ensemble rehearsal. The concert is on the following day, Sunday, November 21st at 3pm at Ashland HS.
How to Apply
2021 Region Orchestra/2022 All State Orchestra applications are exclusively online.
All applicants must be enrolled as members of their school's performing ensemble while applying and must be continue their participation during the 2021-22 academic year (ex. All State band applicants must be members of their school's band, All State choir applicants must be in their school's choir, All-State jazz applicants must be in their school's jazz ensemble, All State orchestra applicants for wind/percussion must be in their school's orchestra or band ensemble.) All State orchestra applicants for wind/percussion must be in their school's orchestra or band ensemble.) Home school students may apply if sponsored by their private teacher (must be an OMEA member). The parent of the home-schooled student will serve as the school administrator. Students must be enrolled in grades 9-12 for the academic year 2021-2022. Failure to observe these rules will nullify the student's All-State eligibility.
Timeline & Schedule
March 1: Audition materials are released
May 31: All audition submissions are due by 11:50pm
August 31: Notification of results to applicants and directors
October 15: Registration forms and payments are due
October 31 1-3pm: First rehearsal at Olentangy Orange High School (1-3pm)
November 20: Rehearsal at Ashland High School (9am-5:00pm, check-in begins at 8:30am)
November 21: Concert at Ashland High School (1pm run-through/pictures, 3pm concert)
Questions? Contact Lori Cornett, East Central Region Chair
Check us out on Facebook!